For beginners, it’s especially important to get a juicer that doesn’t stifle your motivation to juice. Making the juicing process too difficult by buying the wrong type is the quickest way to lose that motivation. For any level of experience, it’s important to have a juicer that’ll produce the best yield possible. It’s also important to get a juicer that’s efficient with the cleanup process.
With all the different choices of juicers out there, your head might be spinning after the first couple pages you scroll through. Hopefully, we can shed some light on this subject as we introduce you to the juicer of your future.
With all the different shapes, sizes, colors, and brands juicers come in nowadays, there are 2 main styles:
What We Like:
- Many lower price options
- They’re faster at initially spitting out the juice
- They’re more options available at your local stores
The problem is, that’s where the benefits of centrifugal juicers stop, because ALL centrifugal juicers have 4 common problems.
What We DON’T Like:
- They get clogged easily, which requires you to stop juicing, clean the cutting-disk/screen, and reassemble to finish. Depending on how much juice your making, you might have to do it numerous times before your finished. NOT FUN!!!
- They have horrible juice yield. Even the best commercial centrifugal juicers can’t extract with the efficiency of masticating juicers. This requires you to pass the pulp through the centrifugal juicers 2 or 3 times in order to get the remaining juice out. MORE TIME WASTED!!!
- They spin and cut so fast that the juice actually heats to the point that you lose a lot more of the beneficial enzymes. Long story short, the shelf life of the juice from these juicers is 1-2 days, so making in bulk isn’t a good option with this style of juicer.
- They’re typically very loud, and they get louder with age.
Conclusion: Centrifugal Juicers
Pretty much, if all you care about is getting a “fast” and cheap juicer under $200 then buy a centrifugal juicer. Our pick for the best centrifugal juicers is the Breville JE98XL Juice Fountain Plus. Just be patient with the juicing and cleaning process, because the screen is the hardest part to clean, yet it’s the first part to get clogged. If you want a juicer that’s low maintenance, last for years, and gives you the best quality juice then please keep reading…
Masticating juicers, on the other hand, flip the pros and cons the other way. We know it’s harder for a beginner to justify buying a masticating juicer because of these 3 reasons:
What We DON’T Like:
- They have a higher price range.
- They’re slower at spitting out the juice.
- They’re harder to find in your local stores.
The nice part is, this is where most of the drawbacks stop. The benefits of masticating juicers, like the Omega J8006HDS, make the price-point and turning speed a moot point.
What We Like:
- They’re much quieter than centrifugal juicers.
- They hardly ever get clogged and you never have to stop in the middle of juicing to clean the screen.
- The juice yield is ridiculous. You can pass the pulp through again on the Omega J8006HDS if you really want to squeeze every last drop of juice out, but we found that 99% of the juice came out on the first pass. This is what actually makes masticating juicers faster then centrifugal because you only need one pass instead of 3-4 to get the same amount of juice.
- The slow turning of masticating juicers, like the Omega J8006HDS, creates a high-quality juice that has a shelf life of 4-6 days. This is because the juice isn’t heated so more of the beneficial enzymes remain and for longer. This allows you to make large amounts at one time and separate them into smaller bottles or jars, so you can stretch one juice session into 4-6 days of juice. With the average person taking about 45 minutes to prep, juice, and clean, that’s a lot of time saved if you don’t have to juice every time you want some juice.
One thing most people fail to think about when purchasing a juicer is where to store it. This is another benefit of the Omega J8006HDS’s horizontal-auger design. It allows you to easily fit it under or in most cupboards, without tipping it on its side. This gives you more flexibility in placement compared to any vertical-style centrifugal OR masticating juicer.
What makes the Omega J8006HDS an even better choice is all the stuff it can do besides juice. With the extra nozzles and connections, you can make fresh salsas, nut butters, dips, noodles, grind coffee, and more!
While there are MANY other masticating juicers on the market we found that this one, in particular, stands above the rest. With the combination of juice quality, ease of use, and versatility, the Omega J8006HDS Masticating Juicer is one of the best tools to support a healthy lifestyle. If you don’t trust us, then Omega’s 15-year warranty should speak for itself.