- Up to 7-Day battery life
- Activity & sleep tracking
- 24/7 Hear rate tracking
- (NEW!) App notifications
- (NEW!) Call & text alerts
- (NEW!) Touchscreen display
- (NEW!) Swim-proof & water resistant up to 50m
The white and lavender are the Special Edition models that cost an additional $20. They feature Fitbit Pay (NFC Pay) and come with an extra classic black fitness band. Unless you think an extra black Fitbit band is worth a $20 upcharge, then either of the 2 basic models will do just fine. We’re not huge fans of Fitbit Pay and its current limitations, especially internationally, but that’s for you to decide. Either way, you’re getting a premium fitness tracker with a super-premium companion app.
Fitbit App Benefits
For those new to Fitbit wearables, you’ll be pleasantly surprised with the all-in-one free fitness app. It displays all of your activities and also offers a VERY in-depth meal tracking section compared to other wearable fitness apps. Whether you’re diabetic, on the Keto diet, or just looking to keep track of your calories, you’ll love how easy it is to track your macros. It’s our favorite wearable fitness app for the simple fact that everything you need is in the one Fitbit app.
When you open it, the first thing you see is a dashboard with 6 optional display tiles:
- Calories Burned – Automatically tracked based on continuous heart rate, activity, and sleep tracking.
- Track Excercise – Automatic and manual activity and sleep tracking.
- Calories Consumed – Automatic and manual meal tracking comparable to My Fitness Pal app.
- Hydration Tracking – Manual water consumption tracking.
- Weight Tracking – Manually track weight and body fat or automatically with a compatible smart scale.
- Female Health – Menstrual and fertility cycle tracking.
Simply clicking on one of the tiles allows you to dig deeper into the section’s data that your Charge 3 has automatically tracked. That’s also where you’re able to manually edit data or log any extra metrics you choose to track.
On the bottom bar of the app, you’ll see 4 other sections that allow you to join the worldwide Fitbit community, achieve goals, and better understand your total health & fitness. These sections are:
- Challenges – Join other users in friendly competitions and races.
- Guidance – Helps beginners learn simple and structured workout plans to give them a strong knowledge-base to build off of.
- Community – Network with other Fitbit users, connect with specific friends and join groups that share your passions.
- Messages – Recieve notifications from challenges you’re participating in and messages from people you’re connected with.
There are many alternatives out there with similar hardware features to the Charge 3 and at a better price, but the app is one of the main reasons to consider any Fitbit wearable.