Table Of Contents
Compact Size, Big Sound
Unlike traditional Bluetooth speakers, the Bose Soundlink Revolve+ II features one large, downward-facing driver. The biggest benefit of this unique 1-driver setup is how compact the overall speaker can be. Measuring in at 7.25″ tall and 4.13″ wide, it’s easy to carry or fit in a bag.
The downward-facing driver faces an omnidirectional acoustic deflector that pushes the sound out evenly. To put it simply, it produces 360° of premium sound, making it the perfect centerpiece. Plus, under the grill, it has 2 passive radiators that give the mid and low ranges a nice boost.
Bose Soundlink Revolve+ II
- Bluetooth v4.1
- MicroUSB charge port
- (Total Watts not listed)
- 17-Hour battery life
- IP55 Water and dust resistance rating
- 50Hz – 20kHz frequency response
- Full-range downward-facing transducer (Exact driver size(s) unknown)
- Color options: Triple Black and Luxe Silver
- Dimensions: 4.13″ L x 4.13″ W x 7.25″ H inches
- Weight: 2 lbs (0.9 kg)
- EXCELLENT 360° audio quality
- 17-Hour battery life is well above-average
- Most compact and easy to travel with
- The unique full-range transducer produces BIG audio in a much smaller package than traditional drivers (speakers)
- Connect multiple Soundlink-enabled speakers for multi-room listening
- Built-in microphone for speaker calling, Zoom, Facetime, Skype, and other communication platforms
- Built-in handle for easy carrying or attaching (rope, hooks, etc.)
- 1/4″ Threaded hole for tripod, GoPro, and other threaded camera mounts
- No USB output to charge phones and other mobile devices
- Only 2 colors to choose from
- Lowest water and dust resistance of our top 3 picks (IP55)
- Outdated Bluetooth v4.1 technology
Ready For Anything
Don’t let looks deceive you. The Soundlink Revolve+ II is the best way to take Bose’s signature sound anywhere.
With the tough rubber bumpers, it’s safe from minor falls. The upgraded IP55 dust and water resistance makes it a little more durable compared to the first Soundlink Revolve+. On top of that, the convenient flexible fabric handle is a nice touch.
Is It Worth The Upgrade?!
I don’t like the fact that for the premium price, we’re still only getting Bluetooth 4.1, IP55 waterproof, and only 2 color options. If you own the first Soundlink Revolve+, it’s probably best to sit this one out.
The only big upgrades are the water resistance and one extra hour of battery life, it’s more of a lateral move…
On the other hand, the overall audio quality makes up for the deficiencies in a big way.
On top of all that, the SoundLink Revolve+ II has some nice luxury features. Connect wirelessly to another SoundLink speaker for stereo sound or multi-room mono playback. There’s even a 1/4″ threaded hole on the bottom for camera tripods, GoPro mounts, and other compatible stands.
The Bose SoundLink Revolve+ II is perfect for audiophiles on the go. You get premium Bose audio quality in a compact and durable device.