The Anker Soundcore Motion Boom may look simple and unimpressive, but the sound is anything but basic. The best Bluetooth speaker under $100, features 30W of power and titanium drivers, that easily help it stick out from a lineup of the competition. Plus, there are plenty of other perks that you would never expect from a speaker less than $100.
Anker Soundcore Motion Boom
BEST BLUETOOTH SPEAKER UNDER $100
- Bluetooth v5.0
- USB Type-C charge port
- USB-A Out port
- 30 Watts (RMS)
- 24-Hour battery life (10,000mAh Battery)
- IPX7 Water and dust resistance rating
- 60Hz – 40kHz frequency response
- 2.5″ (63.5mm) Titanium Drivers (x2)
- Color options: black
- Dimensions: ≈ 12″ x 4.5″ x 6.5″ inches
- Weight: ≈ 3.7 lbs (1.68 kg)
- 30 Watts of total output power
- Best-in-class 24-hour battery life (10,000mAh)
- The Dual-Titanium drivers produce crystal clear sound, even at higher levels
- The large passive radiators at each end add A LOT more bass
- PowerIQ USB Out port for charging phones, watches, earbuds, and other mobile devices
- IPX7 rating makes this one of their most durable speakers to-date
- Built-in handle for easy carrying, hanging, or tying on (rope, hooks, etc.)
- Only comes in black and the overall design is dull and basic
- Even without the built-in handle, it’s the bulkiest of our top 3 picks
- Not OFFICIALLY tested for dustproof rating
Built To Travel
For grill masters, campers, hikers, and other outdoor enthusiasts, the Soundcore Motion Boom is built to go anywhere. The IPX7 water resistance keeps it safe from rain, water, and other elements. Plus, it floats in the event of a speaker overboard.
The reinforced handle is comfortable to carry or tie on to bags, tents, boats, and more. It would be nice if it was collapsible or detachable, but it’s more of a convenience than a nuisance.
I’ve never been disappointed with the audio quality of any Soundcore (by Anker) speakers. Especially for their price! With that said, the Motion Boom is my favorite by far. Just like the JBL Charge 5, it has 2 huge passive bass radiators on the ends.
Paired with 30 Watts of RMS power, pushing two 2.5″ Titanium drivers, everything from classical to pop music sounds great. At just under $100, this alone makes it worth the while, but there’s more!…
Besides Soundcore’s signature audio quality, the Motion Boom got the #1 spot because of the extra luxury features. None of the extras are better than the charging port that allows you to charge your phone or other mobile devices.
Don’t worry, the Motion Boom has a huge 10,000mAh battery, getting you up to 24 hours of listening time. If you need a charge, it’ll get your phone to 100% and still have plenty of listening time.
Since Soundcore is made by Anker, they also included smart-charging PowerIQ technology to the port. In a nutshell, its intelligent device detection ensures that any iPhone, Android, or other mobile devices are charged fast AND safe.
I really wish Anker would get it together and at least offer some more color options on their Bluetooth speakers. Especially with their new Q30 headphones getting a nice makeover! For now, they’re going by the old Henry Ford line, “You can have any color as long as it’s black.”
I go back and forth on the built-in handle but it’s come in handy WAY more times than it’s gotten in the way. Other than that, there’s not much else to complain about. To put it simply, the Motion Boom has Soundcore’s signature audio quality and battery life stuffed into their toughest shell ever! There’s no better option for less than $100.