Why are standing wireless chargers better?… Anyone who’s used a wireless charger that lays flat knows the frustration of trying to find the “sweet spot” when placing your phone to charge. The slightest nudge can cause it to lose wireless charging connectivity and leave you with a dead battery when you need it the most. Also, lay-flat wireless chargers have the added disadvantage of making it more difficult to view your screen in many situations. Standing wireless chargers offer these two main benefits:
- Hassle-Free Placement – Simply prop your phone against the angled charge pad and your good to go. Also, most standing wireless chargers have multi-coil setups so you can place your phone in portrait or landscape mode.
- Perfect Viewing Angle – Whether you place your phone in portrait or landscape mode, you can easily view notifications, stream media, FaceTime hands-free, and more!
iOttie iON Wireless Fast Charger
First up is the iOttie iON Qi Wireless FAST Charging Stand. My personal favorite of the three when it comes to looks, here are some of the key features along with the reasons why we think it’s superior to most other standing wireless chargers:
- Available in Grey, Ruby, and Ivory – It’s easy to see the quality and craftsmanship that went into the design and manufacturing of this premium wireless charger. The heather fabric-wrapped body allows for impressive venting so heat is kept to a minimum, without the need for a built-in fan.
- 10 Watts (up to) Charging Power – Versatile wireless FAST charging for iPhones or Androids.
- USB-C Compatible – It comes with a long 4-foot USB-C cable that perfectly matches the color, but can be easily replaced with your phone USB-C charging cable.
- Anti-Slip Rests – Slip-resistant pad on the bottom ensures that the wireless charger won’t slide on textured or smooth surfaces. The bottom lip that the phone rests on also features a slip-resistant pad so your phone stays put.
Samsung Standing Wireless Charger
With Samsung being one of the pioneers of wireless charging it was pretty hard leave them out of the top choices. The Samsung 15W Wireless Charging Stand doesn’t have the premium finishes like iOttie’s, but what it lacks in looks, it makes up with power. Available in Black or White, it features a USB-C port for extra fast charging and a built-in cooing fan for extra safe charging.
- 15 Watts (up to) Charging Power – Samsung’s Adaptive Fast Charging technology charges all iPhones and Androids quick and safe.
- Built-In Cooling Fan – An extremely quiet built-in fan helps keep the charging pad and you phone cool while charging so you don’t have a “Note 7” incident.
- USB-C Compatible – Just like the iOttie wireless charger, it supports USB-C charging cables and works best with the 25W adaptive fast charging wall adapter that comes with every Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Crave Standing Wireless Charger
If you’re looking for a simple standing wireless charger on-a-budget then the Crave Standing Wireless Charger is perfect. Available in black or white, the minimalist design fits any style. Also, the sleek design and built-in USB cable make it the perfect travel companion. My favorite feature of this charger is the adjustable back-plate that lets you charge in portrait or landscape view. Here’s a little more about our favorite features:
- Adjustable Back Plate – Unlike other standing chargers that are designed for specific brands and sizes of phones, the Crave’s wireless charging backplate can be adjusted up or down to fit any Qi-enabled phone. On top of that, the adjustable backplate allows you to wirelessly charge any Qi-enabled phone in landscape mode, too.
- Minimalist Design – This charger is built of JUST enough material to stand your phone and house the wireless charging coil. Absolutely no bulkiness.
- Native Cooling – A convenient side effect of the minimalist design is that the back of the phone is almost completely uncovered. No need for a built-in cooling fan, because air can freely flow around the phone to naturally keep it cool while charging.
- Durable – The durable metal base stand is light yet rigid, so it can withstand rolling around in your luggage if you want to take it with you on your travels. Also, the built-in USB cable avoids dealing with charge port issues, which is the most common part of any electronic device to be compromised by wear-and-tear.