Table Of Contents
The JBL Reflect Flow true wireless workout earbuds don’t have a lot of bells and whistles, but the things they do, they do to perfection. Great audio quality, comfort, and price make these the best earbuds for the gym or a jog.
Here are all the things we like and don’t like about these gym heroes:
JBL Reflect Flow: Specs
- Battery Life: 10 hrs (30 hrs with charging case)
- Dust/Water Resistance: IPX7
- Fast Charging: 10 min for 1 hour of listening
- Charge Type: MicroUSB
- Driver Size: 5.8mm
- Bluetooth Version: 5.0
- Noise Cancellation: No (Only Noise Isolating)
- Accessory Kit: 3 sets of ear tips, 3 sets of ear wings & MicroUSB charging cable
- Colors: Black, Blue, Green, and Teal
- JBL’s signature audio quality
- Best-In-Class battery life
- Excellent durability on both earbuds and charging case
- Very secure and comfortable fit
- Ambient Aware and TalkThru modes are great at picking up traffic and voices
- Waterproof IPX7
- 4 sporty color combinations
- Personalized charging case available when purchased at JBL.com
- Hands-free stereo calling and voice assistant
- No app support
- Limited onboard controls (no onboard volume)
- Charging case is bigger than average
- No active noise cancelling
- Hard to fit in smaller ears
Comfort and Custom Fit
The 3 sets of ear tips and 3 sets of ear wings that come in the accessory kit are perfect for finding a comfortable fit and noise-isolating seal. The ear tips are self-explanatory, but the ear wing design is unique to JBL.
Instead of pushing to the back of your inner ear lobe, the extended silicone fingers also spread the pressure toward the top. On top of that, the ear wings cover almost the entire inner side of the earbuds, so every part that touches your skin is soft silicone.
The resulting fit is unlike any other wireless workout earbuds we’ve tested.
The JBL Reflect Flow features 5.8mm drivers that are tuned to perfection with JBL’s premium sound signature. As a result, they have great audio range and balance without being too muddy on the mid to low frequencies.
To put it simply, they sound clear and punchy, even at higher volume levels. Helping you get and stay in the zone, whether you’re doing a quick HIIT workout or running a half marathon.
The only thing they’re missing is compatibility with the JBL Headphones app, so you can adjust the EQ to your liking.
Even though they don’t have active noise CANCELLING, the noise ISOLATING seal is quite good. If you want to let some background noise in, they have an impressive Ambient Mode and a Talk Thru mode. Simply tap the button on the left earbuds to quickly switch between them or turn them off.
Besides the convenience of hearing announcements or conversations, the ambient mode keeps you safe and alert when doing road workouts.
If you’re willing to take a chance on true wireless workout earbuds with no ear hooks, then the JBL Reflect Flow are your best bet. Their ergonomic design keeps them nice a secure, even for people who sweat a lot. Plus, the unique design of their ear wings are very forgiving and comfortable for longer workouts.
The IPX7 dust and water resistance makes them just as “Earth Proof” as the super-durable Jaybird Vista 2‘s. However, JBL goes a step further and gives you 10 hours of listening time on a single charge.
They feature JBL’s signature audio quality that makes all of their speakers and headphones some of the best in their respective classes.
Starting at just under $75, they’re are easily the best value in wireless workout earbuds.