Anyone who’s used a wireless charger that lays flat knows the frustration of trying to find the “sweet spot” when placing your phone to charge. The slightest nudge can cause it to lose wireless charging connectivity and leave you with a dead battery when you need it the most. Also, lay-flat wireless chargers have the added disadvantage of making it more difficult to view your screen in most situations. Standing wireless chargers fix those issues and here’s why:
- Hassle-Free Placement – Simply prop your phone against the angled charge pad and your good to go. Also, most standing wireless chargers have multi-coil setups so you can place your phone in portrait or landscape mode.
- Perfect Viewing Angle – Whether you place your phone in portrait or landscape mode, you can easily view notifications, stream media, FaceTime hands-free, and more!
With so many to choose from, we’ve narrowed it down to two. With both of these similar-featured premium wireless chargers on sale for just under $50, your choice will be based more on style than anything. They’re both compatible with all Qi wireless charging enabled phones and they both come in 3 different colors. Here’s why these particular chargers made it to the top of our list:
iOttie iON Wireless Fast Charger
First up is the iOttie iON Qi Wireless FAST Charging Stand. Our personal favorite of the two, here are some of the key features along with the reasons why we think it’s superior to any other standing charger:
- Available in Grey, Ruby, and Ivory – It’s easy to see the quality and craftsmanship that went into the design and manufacturing of this premium wireless charger. The heather fabric-wrapped body allows for impressive venting so heat is kept to a minimum, without the need for a built-in fan.
- 10 Watts (up to) Charging Power – Versatile wireless FAST charging for iPhones or Androids.
- USB-C Compatible – It comes with a long 4-foot USB-C cable that perfectly matches the color, but can be easily replaced with your phone USB-C charger cable
- Anti-Slip Rests – Slip-resistant pad on the bottom ensures that the wireless charger won’t slide on textured or smooth surfaces. The bottom lip that the phone rests on also features a slip-resistant pad so that phone stays put.
- Flat Lip – The flat lip ensures that no part of the screen is blocked when placed in landscape mode.
Samsung Wireless Fast Charger
With Samsung being one of the pioneers of wireless charging it was pretty hard to unseat them as the best. Losing by a slim margin to the iOttie Wireless Charging Stand, the main things we didn’t like is the overall bulkiness and lack of character in the design. Other than that, the Samsung wireless charging stand is no slouch. Here are the main reasons that you can’t go wrong with choosing their latest model:
- Available in Black, Blue, and White – Samsung offers a more minimalistic look when it comes to style and color.
- 9 Watts (up to) Charging Power – Even though it puts out 1 Watt less than the iOttie, it still gets the job done in a hurry. You’ll have no problem charging your iPhone and even the Samsung Note 9 will be quickly charged up with the fast charging technology.
- Built-In Fan – An extremely quiet built-in fan helps keep the charging pad and you phone cool while charging so you don’t have a “Note 7” incident.
- USB-C Compatible – Just like the iOttie wireless charger, it supports USB-C charging cables and works best with the adaptive fast charging wall adapter that comes with every Samsung Galaxy smartphone.