Withings Steel HR Sport Hybrid Smartwatch
- Battery Life: 25 days
- Size(s): 40mm
- Color(s): Black brushed metal with black or white face
- Screen: 12.1mm circular display integrated into traditional mechanical watch face
- LTE: No
- Built-in GPS: No
- Wrist Straps Type: 20mm (industry-standard)
- Tracking Metrics: Steps, sleep, heart rate, Fitness Score™, and VO2 Max
- Special Feature(s): Premium style and durability of classic analog watches
- Music Storage: No
- Memory Capacity: N/A
- Waterproof Rating: 5 ATM
- Withings Health Mate app works seamlessly with Apple Health, Google Fit,
- Strava, MyFitnessPal, Runkeeper, and more than 100 other top health apps
- Great battery life
- Premium build quality and style
- 20mm pin setup for endless watchband options (industry-standard)
- Smart notifications (view calls, text, events, and other apps of your choice)
- Very small and basic monochrome screen to view tracking metrics on watch
- Very limited on-watch controls (i.e. – workout controls music controls
- Only automatically detects running and swimming with limited tracking metrics. No additional sport modes unless paired with other fitness app(s)
For people with larger wrists, traditional fitness trackers may look a little dainty. If that’s not the look you’re going for, the Withings Steel HR Sport is the best wearable alternative to traditional fitness tracking bands.
As a hybrid watch, you get the best of both worlds. The traditional physical hands and movement of a premium wristwatch. Plus, all of the benefits of traditional fitness trackers. Then, it’s all tied together with the small circular screen, integrated into the watch face. It allows you to view steps, heart rate, calories burned, distance, and more.
The 40mm black brushed metal body comes with your choice of black or white face, and it features 20mm pins for 1,000’s of watchband options. If you don’t want to track your Fitness Score or VO2 Max, the Steel HR has all of the other features from the Sport model, plus it comes in Rose Gold and Silver, with additional band colors.
The best part is the app that’s compatible with 100+ of the most popular fitness and health apps. This works great for existing smartwatch and fitness tracker owners to easily swap timepieces, based on your style or activity. All while keeping your biometric and other data in one convenient place.
Best True Wireless Earbuds
Having a great pair of earbuds is essential as an Apple Watch owner, especially if you have the LTE version. With every new model there are more and more things to take advantage of with true wireless earbuds. The best features being, phone-free workouts (with music) and private calls.
The Apple Watch Series 6 has Apple’s new U1 chip, so you’ll get some of the best connection and audio quality from earbuds that also have Apple’s new H1 chip. That makes the Powerbeats Pro or the AirPods Pro your best choices.
On the other hand, there are still many choices out there if you have more specific needs.
Things like durability, sound quality, and fit are important for any type of use. That’s why we organized our favorite true wireless earbuds by the style of usage, so you can zero in on the features that are important to YOUR lifestyle…
Best Withings Steel HR Alternatives
Not everybody needs an Apple Watch. Especially for advanced athletes, there are many fitness-first wearables with more powerful biometrics and sports tracking. Sleep tracking is also hard to do with an Apple Watch that can’t even make it all the way through the day sometimes.
Whatever the need, we found the best alternatives for you.
Check out our ultimate guide to the best wearables, so you can find the perfect smartwatch or fitness tracker for your lifestyle.